If you are like me you love paging through catalogs for new and interesting gadgets to buy! One of my favorite catalogs is the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog (I’ve included a link so you can get a free one just in case you feel the need to join me.). I’ve been (putting off really) getting a flood light for the back door of my house. The idea of wiring up a light isn’t high on my list of things I would like to be doing.
I thought about going with some type of solar/battery solution, but didn’t see anything that really popped out at me. The bulbs on traditional lights are kind of expensive so I knew I’d really like to go with an LED solution… I looked around online for a bit and then put it off again.
Oddly a few days later I read a press release about a Porch Light that was motion activated AND LED!! I noticed it was from my fav catalog Hammacher Schlemmer and zipped to their website to check it out.
So the nitty gritty:
- Four C Batteries (No wiring… SCORE!)
- 150 Hours of actual operation (So translation… years! How many times is it going to go off?)
- No Wiring!!! (I know I said it before but wow!!)
- 2 Screw Installation (This took 3 minutes to install)
- Motion Sensor (It shuts off about 30 seconds after movement has stopped, further more it won’t go on in the day time).
So they are about 40 bucks a piece if you order them from Hammacher Schlemmer. Now that I have it installed I have to say that it is the perfect solution to my back door. It lights up a good part of the back area, there was no wiring (I think I may have mentioned that before) and I don’t have to replace the batteries every month. I’m really happy with the unit, it is a solid little light and I think it will serve me well for years to come.