Lake Champlain Assorted Revel Chocolate Review
Wow this 2013 Father’s Day gift list is going to kill some of us. LOL These chocolates from the Lake Champlain Chocolate people called the “Assorted Revel Chocolates” are really good. Except the Chipolte Cinnamon one… none of liked that one LOL it’s too fancy, to “City folk” mixing hot spicy with sweet chocolate goodness it’s… un-American
So for 36 bucks you get 18 pieces of assorted chocolate wonderment. I know what you are saying… wow $2 bucks for a bite of chocolate but friends let me tell you… the little worker elves over there at Lake Champlain Chocolates were working overtime to get that goodness going. WOW.
You get 3 of each flavor, six flavors, 18 pieces. This is their descriptions:
• Bergamot & Honey: dark chocolate ganache infused with organic loose-leaf Earl Grey tea and pure Vermont honey. Every bite releases an enticing bouquet of fragrant bergamot, honey, and cocoa.
• Apurimac 70% Dark: a divine blend of organic Peruvian dark chocolate and fresh Vermont heavy cream. The ultimate single-origin chocolate, with notes of juicy red fruit and a seductive hint of earthiness.
• Vermont Crème Fraîche: a French-style cultured cream folded into milk chocolate ganache. Fresh milk from Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery lends this a distinctive tartness and incredibly smooth texture.
• WhistlePig Straight Rye Whiskey: the acclaimed 10-year 100% rye whiskey meets our famous dark chocolate ganache. Savor delicious notes of deep cocoa, caramel, toasted rye, bourbon, and vanilla.
• George Howell Espresso: dark chocolate ganache infused with a North Italian Style Espresso from coffee master George Howell. An elegant pairing offering bold notes of mocha, roasted almonds, and cocoa.
• Chipotle Cinnamon: a warming, earthy kick of chipotle and cinnamon in our special blend of milk and dark chocolate ganache. Opens up with sweet and smoky, followed by a burst of spice at the finish.
These are not chocolates for kids, these are $100+ per pound chocolates and they are for serious people that like their sweets. All in all we agree that the Lake Champlain Chocolate people get 5 out of 5 stars. They do chocolate right (even if we didn’t like the one flavor).