Man Crates should actually be synonymous with Father’s Day. If you look up Father’s Day Gift in the dictionary, there should be a picture of a Man Crate in all its manly glory. It is a rite of passage, it is all that is manly… it is… a Man Crate. The Grill Master Crate (there are many) let’s you grill like… (how did they put it on their website?..) a “Grill-ionaire”. LOL!
The Grill Master Crate comes with the following:
- A big Man Crate (Complete with Crowbar to pry the top off)
- a cast-iron smoker box (it’s about 4x2x2 and you fill it full of water soaked wood chips to impart that lovely smoked flavor to your meat)
- Wood Chips – a small bag of just enough wood chips to put in your little smoker
- brass-knuckle meat tenderizer (not actually made of brass… but given the name to impart the idea of how they work)
- four steak thermometers (because using one is a pain in the ass and you can have four to monitor more. It’s a man thing, more is always better)
- Bone Doctors’ BBQ Sauces – (the site says 3 sauces and a spice blend but we got 2 sauces and a spice blend). (No Fire&Brimstone Hot Sauce in our box)
The Grill Master Crate is running $109.99 and they have a Fedex Ground Home Delivery option that is pretty reasonable. Expect to pay about $140 though to get it to your Dad on time. This is an excellent 2013 Father’s Day Gift List idea. We give the Man Crate Grill Master Edition 4 out of 5 stars.