Next move into something for lunch – If you are anything like my family you will want to keep it really light because there is a BBQ with your name on it… so Party Pitas solve that problem, they are light, cheap, and they will give you the energy to keep on trucking until your BBQ is done!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, basil or parsley
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb. shaved fully cooked ham
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, herbs and garlic salt.
- Cut each pita in half horizontally; spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each cut surface.
- On four pita halves, layer the spinach, ham and cheese. Top with remaining pita halves. Cut each pita into four wedges; secure with toothpicks.
This recipe came from SAMS Club’s website believe it or not!