Plantronics Voyager Legend UC Review
This is not a first look, first impression, etc… This is a review based on a few months of daily use. So what do I think? This is the latest version of the Plantronics Voyager line. This is something they have been improving, tweaking, and honing to perfection for years. It has finally reached that peak that makes a product truly great… It is really going to be LEGENDARY. It is the standard in which all other Bluetooth headsets should be weighed, measured, and found wanting. In short, it is everything you want in your blue-tooth headset. In fact… if I were Plantronics I would be nervous. Why? Because there is no direction to go but down from here. It simply can’t get better so they really need to understand that and not be tempted to add functionality or features unless they are very sure they are bullet proof. It’s a tough spot to be in… #1. That’s my opinion. The Plantronics Voyager Legend UC Bluetooth Headset is the #1 Bluetooth Headset on the planet.
- Long battery life – They say 7 hours of talk time and 11 days of standby time. After about 2 months I’m sitting at around 5 hours of actual talk time, which is about right two charges a day… everyday… that’s 120 charges at 200–250 I should be at the battery’s half-life.
- Easy charging (just drop it on this magical magnetic charger and clicks into place to charge in about an hour)
- Easy pairing, just click the multi-function button and say “pair”. Couldn’t be easier.
- Hard plastic shell case for protecting the Plantronics Voyager Legend. OH and it charges it while it is in the case (fully… twice… yeah… it’s that damn good).
- Comes with 3 ways to charge your Plantronics Voyager Legend, you have the case, the charging dock, and a small usb wire you can use that has a mini-magnetic dock to charge it in the car.
- Light weight – .7 Oz (I weighed it on my Stamps.com scale)
- A full array of voice commands with a help list if you forget what to say
- Sounds great. Not just for you, but for the other side. It also streams music and sound from your device, and will pause the music when you get a call.
- It just works. (Kinda like Apple stuff)
- No ear fatigue. (none)
- Not made out of cheap materials. The build quality has improved over the last version of the Plantronics Voyager and that is good news for everyone that is glued to their Voyager.
Plantronics Voyager Legend UC Review – Final Thoughts
There is one thing I can honestly say I don’t like about the Plantronics Voyager Legend. I have found nothing to indicate that the battery can be replaced. That is bothersome, and it means that people like me that are glued to their headset will have to replace their Plantronics Voyager every 6 months if they want any type of battery life. Worse is after about 6 months the Voyager Legend gets kind of static ridden. So it’s really only good for about 6 months and then you have to either do a support call and have them swap it out, or get another one. That can get kind of expensive, but… I would rather get a new one every 6 months than put up with a day without it. (Yes, it’s like that.) 3 out of 5 stars for the Plantronics Voyager Legend UC. It is the best BT Headset you can buy right now.